Install AcidBox V2 VST3 for Linux.
1. install the plugin
- copy the AcidBox.vst3 folder to your VST3 prefered folder ( $HOME/.vst3/ sounds like a good choice )
2. install the patterns presets
- run the copy_pattern.sh script to create the folders and copy the files.
- or create “$HOME/.audioblast/AcidBox” and copy the “Patterns” folder into.
- if you already have AcidBox V1 installed on your system you may already have a pattern presets folder in ~/Documents/Audioblast/AcidBox/
if you have created custom presets you can copy your .303 files to the new location.
3. Unlock the AciBox plugin
- run the unlock_acidbox.sh script.
- If AcidBox V1 is already installed and unlocked there’s nothing more to do,
if not the script will prompt you to enter you username and serial.
4. Install the missing libraries
the xcb-util-cursor may be missing on some systems, install it if you want to be sure the plugin can run.
If you want to be 100% sure there’s no missing libraries, open a terminal and type :
sudo apt install libxcb1 libxcb-util1 libxcb-icccm4 libcairo2 libxau6 libxdmcp6 libpixman-1-0 libfontconfig1 libfreetype6 libpng16-16 libxcb-shm0 libxcb-render0 libxrender1 libx11-6 libxext6 zlib1g libbsd0 libexpat1 libfftw3-3 libxcb-cursor0 libxcb-xkb1 libxkbcommon0 libxkbcommon-x11-0
5. Known bugs
- 75% UI resize doesn’t recall in Renoise.
- Textfields for entering username/serial don’t work in some hosts.
- Drag And Drop is not working
All the information about AcidBox can be found here.